Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rock the Cradle

Minne-Mama is on Facebook! 'Like' us to stay updated on our fun crafts and activities!
Thank you for stopping by!

We are almost through our final weekend without hubby/daddy and I could not be more excited!! Skyler doesn't really know it yet, but he is excited too ;) Our paper heart garland is looking quite bare, watching it shrink every day was great for both me and Skyler!


We had a fairly low-key weekend of cleaning and crafting, but this afternoon we went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts/Children's Theatre Company to attend Rock the Cradle, a new-to-me, free music event hosted by The Current, a local radio station, and Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. It was so fun! Since I didn't post on Friday, I thought I would post some pictures from the event.
Rock the Cradle 2014 happens March 2 at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.

I was lucky to have my mom and step dad agree to come with me and Skyler. They advised against strollers, so it was wonderful to have some extra hands and eyes to help with the little one, and my step dad drove, saving me from driving in Minneapolis (ugh, I hate it!!)


What I didn't know was that our favorite children's band, the Okee Dokee Brothers (an awesome duo from MN that won the Grammy last year for best children's album) were performing there! We saw them a bunch last summer at several free concert series in our area (I want to say we saw them three times) and they are always great! Last summer, Skyler really enjoyed them, but was still so little. Now he sings and dances to the songs and has favorites, so he had a blast seeing them live now that he is a bit older! Taking Skyler to fun outdoor concerts is what I miss most about last summer, and what I look forward to most when the weather gets nicer (and not having to put a coat on before taking him out of the car, and going for nice long walks, and bike rides - there are lots of favorites!)



We saw the band before them as well, Koo Koo Kangaroo, and they were really funny. Skyler was slightly overwhelmed by the hyped up show, but the older children were obviously having a blast! We had to walk through the museum to get to the music (and then back to our car), there were crafts, vendors, and story time with the DJs from The Current along the way, and of course checking out all of the art (Skyler's favorite was the massive dog sculpture pictured below) - such a great event!


If you live in the area and have never been, Rock the Cradle is a wonderful event for children of all ages. We will definitely be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment